NEW BLOG ADDRESS

By the end of Sunday May 4th, I will be switching my blog hosting from Blogger to Wordpress. My new blog address will be:


If you read this through a feedreader or email subscription, those subscriptions will be transferred over to the new blog. If you bookmark this blog or blogroll it, please update your listings.

Saturday, March 29

The Best Music Video I've Seen, like,..EVER

Wow, looks like this song isn't at all new, but it's new to me, and all I can say is...WOW. Very moving and very right-on. The only thing I would change is...the name. Because I would never say the girls who buy into the message that women are only as valuable and worthwhile as they are "sexy" and are sexually available are "stupid" (or the guys, as the vid is a critique on their significant participation in it too-after all, whose expectations is this all for?)...but somehow "stupid patriarchy" or "stupid culture" doesn't quite have the same ring to it. So WORD! to Pink. Smart is sexy, and I'd say she's right up there. So, eat this up!



(NOTE: nothing after the jump)

2 Comments:

Amelia said...

I remember thinking the same thing the first time I saw this video...and I didn't even identify as a feminist back then. Isn't it great to be able to talk about, for once, an empowering example of the music industry? Doesn't really seem like there are that many.

I just wanted to thank for reading and commenting on the Female Impersonator blog. The discussions that had been happening there are very important ones, but also frustrating, and I appreciate everyone who has made meaningful contributions.

P.S. I love the Susan Brownmiller quote you picked. :)

lindabeth said...

Thanks for joining my discussion too! I only found your blog today, and have subscribed, and will probably add you to my blogroll. I think blogs are a great way for feminist-minded people to connect, keep each other aware, and engender good conversation as we continue to nuance our ideas.

And we have a Bronmiller connection, certainly!

It can be frustrating, but hang in there! I felt for you when I read some of those comments. It's hard being a young feminist especially. you definitely grew up in a different culture I did.