NEW BLOG ADDRESS

By the end of Sunday May 4th, I will be switching my blog hosting from Blogger to Wordpress. My new blog address will be:


If you read this through a feedreader or email subscription, those subscriptions will be transferred over to the new blog. If you bookmark this blog or blogroll it, please update your listings.

Sunday, April 6

The More Things Change...

The more they stay the same...

Check out these advice nuggets from 1950's mags. Sound familiar? Via F-Word.org: Food, Fat, Feminism.

And here's a snippet from Jean Kilbourne's Killing Me Softly 3 that I found on Youtube. She's been doing research about media imagery and women's sexuality and identity for 30 years. And it's pathetic how much things don't change. I recommend checking out her film (in lots of libraries!) and her book, Can't Buy My Love (in my Amazon book picks).




(NOTE: nothing more after the jump)

0 Comments: